Sunday, March 15, 2015

So I have decided to change the name of my blog to musings of a longarm quilter,  I'm not quite sure what musings means,  but my meaning is ramblings.   This will be my place to put the quilts that I am doing for myself,  I have a lot of quilts tops,  I think a lot of longarm quilters do have.  Because we tend to do our clients quilts before ours.    Mine probably start from when I started quilting,  which was not long after we shifted from Gippsland to Wangaratta,  then Oxley then back to Wangaratta.
I have a friend that introduced me to a couple of the local groups,  and I fell in love with it.    I had actually done my first wholecloth quilt in High School,  a cot quilt.  If I find it I will put a pic up of it.
 
The next attempt was when I lived in Melbourne,  I decided to recover an old couch and chairs that I had in a Unit.  Using a recipe lid for a template,  I managed to make a double bedspread and some covers for the cushions on the chairs,  in fabric that I had bought with me from mum and dads.   So I was really reintroduced to quilting by my friend. 

I went to the groups and also did a few classes at the local quilt shop.  Then my friend wanted to have a quilt quilted or was picking up one I don't remember which,  and I went with her to the local longarm quilting person.    It was a great experience.   

No comments: